BITSAA-IRU Partial Travel Grant supports the travel expenses of students participating in academic events of International repute.
Under the BITSAA-IRU Travel Scholarship scheme, BITSAA International currently offers 37.5% (up to INR 25K) of the travel expenses of the trip and the rest has to be raised by the student.
1) The research work should have been conducted in collaboration with one of the faculty members of any of the BITS campuses. It is mandatory that the corresponding faculty should be listed as an
author or one of the co-authors of the conference paper presented by the student.
2) In the case of the recipient finding other sources to fund his/her travel, he/she must provide details about them, and the failure to do so may result in the cancellation of the scholarship. BITSAA holds the right to revert a scholarship in case the recipient finds sufficient funds (as determined by the committee) to support his/her travel expenses from other sources.
3) A student shall receive BITSAA Travel Scholarship only once during his/her tenure at BITS. This is to ensure that every student gets equal opportunity to be benefited by the scholarship/loan program.
• The maximum financial assistance provided by the BITSAA Travel Sponsorship Program would usually be up to 37.5% of the total travel expenses incurred by the recipient.
• As per the current policies, all the BITSAA-IRU travel grant applications must be sent to the faculty in charge of respective campuses. They will in turn send us the applications after a screening process at the respective BITS campus.
Please submit the Travel Grant scholarships application form (BITSAA-IRU Partial Travel Grant Application form) through faculty-in-charge: Dr. Veeky Baths (firstname.lastname@example.org) and also via the provided online form.
Applications are accepted year round, but must be received by the faculty in charge of the respective campus at least 60 days prior to the beginning of the travel.
Please note: The policies and eligibility criteria have changed recently and as per the new policy we are not accepting requests for funding travel related to international summer internships and thesis.
Below are the timelines where BITSAA accepts applications for Travel grant:
Jan 1 to Mar 31 — Applications received in this quarter will be sent on Apr 1 for evaluation
Apr 1 to June 30 — Applications received in this quarter will be sent on July 1 for evaluation
July 1 to Sept 30 — Applications received in this quarter will be sent on Oct 1 for evaluation
Oct 1 to Dec 31 — Applications received in this quarter will be sent on Jan 1 for evaluation
If you would like more information about this scholarship, or have any questions / comments / suggestions, please send a mail to email@example.com
Recipients of Travel Scholarship:
|Year||Recipient Name||ID No.||Amount||Conference|
|2014-15||V Neeharika||–||INR 25,000||2014 International Conference on Optical MEMS and Nanophotonics, Glasgow, Scotland|
|2014-15||Talati Nishil Rakeshbhai||2012A3PS155G||INR 25,000||ISOCC 2014, Jeju, South Korea|
|2014-15||PVGSai Subrahmanyam||2012A3PS007P||INR 25,000||IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, New Orleans, USA|
|2014-15||Sruthi V||2012A3B5308H||INR 25,000||International Conference on Surface Plasmon Photonics, Jerusalem, Israel|
|2015-16||Ajinkya Bhole||2012A4TS063P||INR 25,000||Sports Engineering Conference, Lisbon, Portugal|
|2012ABPS499H||INR 25,000||International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Service Science, Yogyakarta, Indonesia|
|2015-16||Ankur Omar||2012A8PS296G||INR 25,000||International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services and Technologies, Cambridge, UK|
|2016||Yash Sinha||2012C6TS365P||INR 25,000||The 30th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA-2016) Le Régent Congress Centre, Crans-Montana, Switzerland|
|2016||Gayathri Ganesh||2012A9TS213U||INR 25,000||ICAAC, the all-new ASM Microbe 2016|