The applications for Paper Publication Assistance (Financial Assistance for Paper Publication in Reputed Journals – Courtesy : Class of 1966-‘71) is now OPEN!
Deadline: 31st Dec, 2017 (Sunday)
Four grants, each worth Rs.5,000 for undergrad students and two grants worth Rs.10,000 each for post-graduate students are to be awarded for publishing papers in reputed journals.
- Students from Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad Campuses are eligible to apply for the grant
- The student should be enrolled in one of the BITS campuses at the time of application for the grant
Timelines & Evaluation:
- The applications need to be evaluated once every academic year. Four grants of Rs.5,000 for undergraduate students and two grant worth Rs.10,000 for post-graduate student shall be disbursed every year.
- Application Cycle will be as follows :
Submission date: Sept 1 – Jul 31
Evaluation by BITS (Completed by): Aug 31
Evaluation by BITSAA (Completed by): Sept 30
Decision Notification: Oct 1
- The candidates have to download the application form and submit the completed form at BITS OAA. Students from each campus should mail their application forms along with a copy of the paper to the faculty in-charge: Prof. Veeky Baths (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Applications received by BITS shall be evaluated within the time frame after which the top 8 candidates(across all campuses) from undergraduate applicants and top 6 candidates(across all candidates) from post-graduate applicants shall be sent to BITSAA for the second round of evaluation.
- The BITS evaluation panel shall consists of two faculty members from each campus
- Mr. V V Ramanan and Mr. B C Jain, both from Class of 1971 will form the second evaluation panel for selecting the final list of winners until other evaluators are identified.
- BITSAA Awards Team ensures that the process is completed within the timelines.
- In case there is a tie between the applicants than the available disbursal amount, grants will be awarded to applicants with the most financial need.
- If the money allocated for a year is not used completely, the unused money can be allocated to give financial assistance to more students in the immediate next academic year.
- If there are no applications for a year, the money can be diverted to give financial assistance towards registration fee for participation in National/International Conferences in the next academic year
- Any incomplete application will not be considered for Scholarship
If you would like more information about this scholarship, or have any questions / comments / suggestions, please send a mail to email@example.com