BITS Alumni have taken a keen interest in building lasting relationship with its alma mater. Specifically influenced by one of their late professors, Prof. SS Ranganathan: Prof. SSR, as he was fondly known was an epitome of teaching excellence. Hence with a dual intention of remembering Prof. SSR as well as encouraging the teaching community, BITS and the Alumni are partnering to institute an award called as “Prof. SSR Memorial Teaching Excellence Award”.
The “Prof. SSR Memorial Teaching Excellence Award” is being instituted to honour one member of the BITS, Pilani Teaching staff every year – for the outstanding contribution to the teaching profession.
- Any Teaching staff from any one of the three campuses are eligible for the award
- He / She should have been teaching in any one of the BITS campus for at least one year
- Members of the Administration, Current Deans and Heads of Departments are not eligible for the award
- Previous award winners are not eligible for the award
- BITS will constitute a committee to administer the award process.
- The committee will be headed by a HoD or Dean and will consist of the following members:
- Committee Head ( HoD or Dean)
- Dean of the Instruction Division
- Dean of the Practice School Division
- Two members of the Alumni
- President of the CSA
- The committee will invite nominations from both the students and faculty of BITS, Pilani.
- The committee will evaluate all the nominations and select one member for the award.
Award and Award Ceremony:
- The award will consist of the following:
- Cash award of One Lakh only
- A plaque and Citation
- The awards should be announced on Teachers Day (Sept 5th) every year
- The award ceremony will be held in one of the BITS campus by rotation on a date convenient to BITS, but within 4 months of declaring the award winner.
- The award winner will be asked to give a lecture on an area of his/her choice.
Nominations and Guidelines of 2017 edition:
Winner of 2017 edition