SUMMER INTERNSHIP ASSISTANCE (SIA)
The call for applications for this year’s Summer Internship Assistance is now closed and the following are the winners of this year’s SIA:
Name & ID number Internship at Award money
Vivek Khanna (2015A1PS0670G) IIT Bombay Rs. 17000
Sachita Nishal (2016A7PS0719G) IIT Madras Rs. 17000
Aditya Sinha (2015B3A70352G) IISc Bengaluru Rs. 8500
M Vaishnav (2015A1PS0548G) IISc Bengaluru Rs. 8500
We congratulate all of them and wish them luck in the future!
The intent of this award is to encourage students to conduct summer research at educational/research institutes across India (including BITS’ campuses). Such research stints during the summer break would help students gain valuable research experience that could manifest in the form of journal and conference publications later or help them choose their career path.
- BE/MSc – both Single and Dual degrees (any year/branch)
- The student should be enrolled at the Goa campus
Note: Students with some research experience and who would be working on specialized projects are strongly advised to apply. First year and Second year students who are passionate about research or want to explore it are also encouraged to apply.
- Interested students should prepare a single PDF document that:
- Explains the objective and intent of their summer research project (max 200 words)
- Explains their past research experiences (max 300 words)
- Includes a personal statement on why they feel that they should get this award (max 300 words)
- Prepare a CV (not more than 2 pages)
- In addition, the student should also submit an acceptance letter on the institute letterhead from their supervisor
of the host institute clearly mentioning:
- The title and duration of the summer research project
- If the student would receive any financial/residential support from the host institute/professor
- Besides, any other documents supporting their motivation (eg: papers published or posters presented) can also be sent along with the aforementioned set of documents.
All the above documents should be mailed to Alumni Relations Cell: email@example.com
The selection committee would consist of BITS faculty / BITS alumni in research.
Every year 3 best applications will be selected and awarded scholarships of INR 15,000 each
Tentative Timeline for 2018:
May 1 – May 20: Application submission
May 20 – June 15: Evaluation period
June 15 – June 20: Results announced
- This year’s award is for the research internship that will be conducted in summer 2018.
- CGPA is not a criteria for selection, unless it’s a tie.
- This scholarship is made for this year with a likelihood of continuing it in the future.
Contact Alumni Relations Cell: firstname.lastname@example.org