BITSAA-IRU Partial Travel Grant
BITSAA-IRU Partial Travel Grant supports the travel expenses of students participating in academic events of International repute.
Under the BITSAA-IRU Travel Scholarship scheme, BITSAA International currently offers 37.5% (up to INR 25K) of the travel expenses of the trip and the rest has to be raised by the student.
1) The research work should have been conducted in collaboration with one of the faculty members of any of the BITS campuses. It is mandatory that the corresponding faculty should be listed as an author or one of the co-authors of the conference paper presented by the student.
2) In the case of the recipient finding other sources to fund his/her travel, he/she must provide details about them, and the failure to do so may result in the cancellation of the scholarship. BITSAA holds the right to revert a scholarship in case the recipient finds sufficient funds (as determined by the committee) to support his/her travel expenses from other sources.
3) A student shall receive BITSAA Travel Scholarship only once during his/her tenure at BITS. This is to ensure that every student gets equal opportunity to be benefited by the scholarship/loan program.
- The maximum financial assistance provided by the BITSAA Travel Sponsorship Program would usually be up to 37.5% (Upto INR 25000) of the total travel expenses incurred by the recipient.
- As per the current policies, all the BITSAA-IRU travel grant applications must be sent to the faculty in charge of respective campuses. They will in turn send us the applications after a screening process at the respective BITS campus.
Please submit the Travel Grant scholarships form through Associate Deans of the campus and also via the provided online form
Prof. Rajeev Sakhuja (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Prof. Veeky Baths (email@example.com)
Prof. Meenakshi Vishwanathan (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Prof. Gokhale Trupti Swarup (email@example.com)
Applications are accepted year round, but must be received by the faculty in charge of the respective campus at least 60 days prior to the beginning of the travel.
Please note: The policies and eligibility criteria have changed recently and as per the new policy we are not accepting requests for funding travel related to international summer internships and thesis.
BITSAA International Application
Fill the Application form and mail them to respective campus Associate Deans and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Travel Scholarships – Application’ along with relevant supporting documents like resume, invitation letter, abstract of the paper etc.
Also please complete the form and submit from this link here (https://www.bitsaa.org/forms/detail/travel_grant)
Below are the timelines where BITSAA accepts applications for Travel grant
Jan 1 to May 31 — Applications received in this semester will be sent on June 1 for evaluation
June 1 to Dec 31 — Applications received in this semester will be sent on Jan 1 for evaluation
Recipients of Travel Scholarship:
|2017||Sanket Sushil Deshpande||2014B5A30599G||INR 17730||12th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation|
|2017||Vasudha Varadarajan||2013B5A7064H||INR 11300||The 8th International Conference on Surface Plasmon Photonics|
|2017||SUDEEP MISHRA||2013A3PS626G||INR 25000||The 18th International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED 2017)|
|2017||Piyush Rath||2015A1PS714H||INR 6897||The 8th International Conference on Surface Plasmon Photonics|
|2017||Anant Sharma||2014A7PS0051G||INR 17722||The 24th International Conference on Neural Information Processing (Core A conference) , Guangzhou, China|
|2017||Priyesh Shukla||2011HS23162P||INR 17521||ICIEE|
|2017||Deliwala Ravish Ashish||2013A3PS144G||INR 25,000||ISQED|
If you would like more information about this scholarship, or have any questions / comments / suggestions, please send a mail to email@example.com