Prof. I J NAGRATH FACULTY EXCELLENCE AWARD
About the Award
Prof. I J Nagrath retired as the Deputy Director after serving at BITS in educational, administrative and managerial roles. He is an excellent academician who taught many generations of BITSians and also the author of several well kn own books in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
Establishment of the Award
- Award Amount – INR 1,00,000.
- The award will commence from 2017.
- The Excellence Awards shall be announced each year before the end of Semester II (January-June).
- One Faculty Excellence Award shall be awarded each year.
- The award shall consist of a Rolling Plaque (with name of the winner inscribed), and framed along with a certificate and a cash award of INR 100,000..
- Any full-time faculty member of BITS Pilani at its Pilani, Dubai, Goa or Hyderabad campuses are eligible to apply.
- The faculty member must have experience of atleast three years at any of the BITS campuses.
- The faculty member must hold a Doctorate degree.
- The faculty member must be at least an Assistant Professor at BITS.
- The faculty member must not have won any other Faculty Excellence Award the previous year.
- Applications will be collected online.
- The selection panel consists of five members. Two will be from BITS, two from alumni and BITSAA CEO. Two members from BITS shall be directors from any two campuses of BITS or their nominees. The alumni members for the first two years will be Karthik Krishna (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mukul Chawla (email@example.com), both from 1993 batch. They might want to delegate the nomination responsibility to BITSAA/BITS thereafter.
- The Committee will shortlist a max of 6 from the received nominations and announce the shortlist.
- The faculty member’s shortlist shall be assessed based on the professional achievements provided on the application as well as on the essays.
- A personal discussion can also be held with the applicants via teleconference or video conference, if the panel feels the need.
A few measurable parameters for selection, by no means to be considered exhaustive, are listed below.
- Innovation in Instruction (creative methods/courses which enhanced the students’ understanding and learning)
- Professional Achievement (publications, projects, committee membership etc.)
- Contributions to BITS Pilani (involvement in activities outside the classroom)
- Commitment to student success (success of students in his/her courses, involvement of students in his/her projects/publications)
- Contributions towards neighbourhood societal development